Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Clear Gazpacho

So, Wikipedia told me that Gazpacho is basically just a cold tomato soup. Spanish origin. I've got this straight from Vogue 1996. Well, let's get on with the recipe. 

Clear Gazpacho [serves 4]

You will need:
8 beefsteak tomatoes/
1 tbsp salt/
1 firm avocado peeled and diced/
24 yellow teardrop tomatoes, halved/
1/2 cucumber peeled, seeded, and diced/
4 tsp olive oil/
1 tbsp lemon juice/
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste/
chives, cut diagonal.

The preparation:
- Blend the beefsteak tomatoes and salt together in the food processor.
- Tie the contents in a muslin and allow the tomato water to drip through overnight. Chill in the refrigerator [not you, the tomato water!].
- Toss the avocado, teardrop tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini and plum tomatoes [but the ingredients didn't even mention these?] with olive oil, lemon juice, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the vegetables to the tomato water [which I guess you collect from the overnight dripping] and stir in with chives.
- Serve chilled.

Sounds like a classy but easy entree! I'm still unsure if I'll actually make this for my dad's - and gran's - birthday, but I like the fact that it's now on my blog, and I can access it anytime I want.

And thank you, Sarah, for following me! :)

No comments: