Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Headbands I made

I've just realised that I would be leaving for the airport in exactly one week! This is incredibly exciting.

I made the headband using the tutorial that I posted here. It worked quite well, and it didn't take very long to make. However, I did find that:

1.) Cutting 4 inches is cutting too much off. I didn't even cut 3, and it fits quite tight. [I worked with half a metre to start with].

2.) The headband needs to be ironed, as the glue makes it pretty wobbly.

3.) The satin gets wet really easily, so don't wear it if you have wet hair like I did.

4.) It looked quite cute! Especially with my curled hair!


I especially chose a ribbon that was ready-folded on the inside, so it would be stronger. But this also made gluing the elastic easier because I just had to tuck in and glue it :)

p.s.: I curled my hair with Remington Straightini, and I have to say, it's an amazing product. My friend curled my hair with her tongs and since my hair is poker straight, the curls fell out in half an hour. My Remingtonised waves and curls, however, lasted for almost two days. With the length and the colour, I dare say my hair looked like a longer version of this!

4 comments:

Abby said...

my hair won't curl ether! I curled it for christmas the 5 minuets later it came uncurled! but it was wavy and still looked ok.

Gandhali said...

hehe have you ever tried rag-curling?!

Abby said...

no what's that?

Gandhali said...

ahh just a curling method using rags!! :D